Exercise #359: Pick Six
Roll a die three times, to give yourself three random numbers. Got 'em? Each number will correspond to a section below. The first number will be your choice from the first set of six, the second die's result will be your choice for the second set, etc. Got it? Okay, here we go.
You are just informed of a nasty change in the situation at work:
1. You've been elected as the media person for your team
2. An ex has been hired as your teammate
3. The entire office is moving to Alaska
4. The company is filing for bankruptcy
5. You've been promoted to head trash keeper
6. A disliked coworker has been promoted above you
You decide to take action:
1. You call in sick for a week
2. You buckle down and excel in spite of the situation
3. You "Tom Sawyer" a coworker
4. You say what you're thinking out loud in a meeting
5. You get a fortune cookie at the restaurant that night and the fortune is . . .
6. You look for another job
Someone helps you out:
1. A coworker teams up with you in protest
2. Your spouse supports you by . . .
3. Your kids get you an application for McDonald's
4. Your attorney gives you options . . .
5. The psychological hotline gives you advice . . .
6. Your clergy invites you to . . .
Now the hard part: show us what's happening. Give us the ins and outs of the situation and how it's being handled. You may choose to use a character having this issue, rather than yourself. Remember to let us know what your choices were.
Word limit: 1200 words
Please use the subject line:
SUB: Exercise #359/yourname
* Don’t have any dice handy? Try putting slips of paper with the numbers 1 through 6 in a hat, or go to this site: http://www.random.org/nform.html