Exercise #386: Self Knowledge
Something has happened to your life. A whirlwind change occurred and you must pare your book collection (physical or virtual) down to only two. One to help guide you in your new life, and one for pleasure reading. Give this careful thought. You’ll only have one chance to choose the only two books you’ll have:
* You’ve gone into witness protection and the government is so broke your luggage can only carry two books.
* Aliens have abducted you when you happened to be carrying these two books.
* The plane has crashed on a remote island, you have no hope of rescue, and only these two books washed ashore.
* Make up your own!
Choose your scenario and tell us which two books you would bring and why.
You may, if you wish, show a character tackling this exercise instead.
Critiquers, you might choose to answer these questions for critiquing the piece:
* Did you catch any spelling errors or other standard proofreading items? If so, note them for the author.
* Have you read either of these two books? Do you think the choices are good ones? Do they fit the scenario? Why or why not?
Word limit: 1200
Please use the subject line:
SUB: Exercise #386/yourname
Why this is a self-knowledge exercise: You may be surprised at what you find when you review your list of favorites for the two you can bring along. If nothing else, you should have a good romp down the book memory lane.