Exercise #909: Pick Six
Roll a die three times, to give yourself three random numbers from 1 to 6. Got 'em? Each number will correspond to a section below. The first number will be your choice from the first set of six below, the second result will be your choice for the second set below, etc. Got it? Okay, here we go.
1. a mean uncle
2. the store clerk that knows your name
3. your mom
4. a dragon
5. a banker
Walks into a pet shop and buys a talking:
But when showing off the new pet:
1. the mailman gets eaten.
2. your house is in foreclosure.
3. plants sprout and bloom at an amazing rate.
4. everything goes your way.
5. a sinkhole opens in the neighborhood.
6. aliens invade.
Got it? Put them all together and tell us a tale. Remember to let us know what your choices were.
Critiquers, along with a technical critique, you might consider using the WildAcres technique. http://www.winebird.com/html/critique.html#HowWildacresTech
Word limit: 1200 words
Please use the subject line:
SUB: Exercise #909/yourname
* Don’t have any dice handy? Try putting slips of paper with the numbers 1 through 6 in a hat, or go to this site: http://www.random.org/nform.html